castor oil.

did you take it and what was your experience with it?
How far along were you and were you dilated/effaced at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took castor oil with my daughter at 39 weeks I was dilated at a 2 when i took it, I was in full blow labor 30 minutes later and delivered my daughter in a total of 3 hours. I did however get very sick afterwards throwing up and diarreah.
    happyplus3

Answer by happyplus3 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I've never taken it but I've heard it doesn't work... just makes you puke.

Walking alot can hurry labor up though
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 4:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yeah your going to be shiting all day!
    Anonymous

• how much did you take??
    Anonymous

• you shouldnt induce labor, your body will do that when your baby is ready. It is an laxitive. at least dont use it until you are past 40 weeks.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 5:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• DON'T DO IT!! lol it makes you have EXPLOSIVE diarrhea! and it may not even work, your body will go into labor when its ready, I know its hard but but you have to hang in there, maybe do something special for your baby like make a tie blanket or make some scrapbook pages ahead of time.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Do not try to induce. For one it can be dangerous. Pregnancy is not easy and you should let that baby stay until labor comes on it's own or at least till 40 weeks. It's selfish and it will just make you crap and you can also risk your baby having a BM in utero and inhaling it which is dangerous as well. Be patient and think of your baby FIRST.

Anonymous

• Don't do it. We had mommas try this all the time, and it really will only help if you're in early labor. At that point though, it may speed it up, but it will make you very miserable. Castor oil will dehydrate you, same concept as if you don't drink enough water, you'll get BH. So you spend all this time on the toilet, having miserable BH. The minute you start drinking water or get an IV, the contractions go away. It is dangerous to get dehydrated while pregnant. The best thing you can do is have sex and walk, and keep hydrated! The baby will come when its ready, LOL trust me!
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 5:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009