is it normal to be spotting pink and be 2 CM dialated ??

im almost 38 weeks and i just went to the doctors today because i was spotting alot of pink colored discharge and i have been having moderate/mild (menstral,period) cramps they said i was 2 centimeters dialated and this was completley normal, but i cant help but worry, i never had anything like this happen with my daughter,and yes i know no 2 pregnancys are the same, soo i was just wondering if any one could help my mind rest at ease... im due in 2 weeks but i was wondering because they put me on bed rest if that meant i was gunna go into labor anytime soon, and should i be worrying about going into labor within the next week because i am already that dialated??

ShAyLaSMoMmY212

Asked by ShAyLaSMoMmY212 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it is normal, sounds likeyou are stretching your cervix and some blood vessals are breaking or along those lines. With you being 38 weeks though baby should be fine, I wonder why they put you on bed rest?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yea me too, they wouldnt tell me but they just said no activities except for using the bathroom and goign to drs appts.... wierd huh....

thank you for answering my question cuz i was begining to think sumthing was wrong but hes healthy and big..... im just scared ill go into labor like next week
    ShAyLaSMoMmY212

Answer by ShAyLaSMoMmY212 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• sometimes your body dialates alitle befor you go into labor my dr said hes seen women at 3cm for 3weeks befor they go into labor its normal. Labor could start anytime or hold off for another few weeks. I dont understand the bedrest thing but im sure they have their reasons.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had a similar situation, after a doc visit that late and I was crying a thinking that I lost the baby and I called the dr. and they said it was normal after a visit.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i never had a chance to dialate when i had my daughter, they induced me with pitocin, and then went from there, and she came out fine, she was also 41 weeks and 6lbs 4oz, but baby boy on the other hand, hes already over the 7lb mark..... i was just worried and wanted sum re-assurance from other moms who may have gone thru the same thing..

thank you Everyone who answered , hopefully he will wait till after the 1st of april since thats when im moving into my new apartment, but he arrives whenever he's good and ready too....
    ShAyLaSMoMmY212

Answer by ShAyLaSMoMmY212 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009