Crib tents or turn the crib into toddler beds? They are climbing out!

Mish312

Asked by Mish312 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old are they?
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 5:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm seriously thinking about the crib tents for mine, or I may move them to beds and put a gate on their door. Mine haven't escaped yet though, so I'm still just thinking! Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• depends on how old they are and if you think they will stay in a toddler bed when its bed time.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I didn't use cribs tents. I put them in toddler beds and put a baby gate at their bedroom door.
    BubNSoap

Answer by BubNSoap at 5:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would put them in toddler beds. Even if they don't stay. That's part of the kid life lol... I put my son in his bed for the first time and all he did was climb out. I did like on "Super Nanny" and just put him back, no words, no nothing. Just put him back and walked away, it took about three hours every night for about four/five days, but it WORKS. My son was almost two though. I think maybe twenty months. Maybe a LITTLE earlier. Good luck.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• They are 21 months old. Myy doc said don't waste money on the tents they fiqure it out quick. I'm afraid of getting turning them into toddler beds b/c nap time and bed time will be so hard
    Mish312

Answer by Mish312 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If they were close to 12 months, I'd say crib tents. Mine started trying to climb out at 10 months and there was no way she was responsible enough for a bed at that age so I got a crib tent.

Since your's are older, you may just have to go with beds and face the bedtime / naptime fight.

And your doctor is right and wrong - the tents are easy to figure out but the zipper pull has a loop on it that can be looped over one of the support poles, making it impossible for a toddler to unzip from the inside. My little girl is 32 months and still in her crib (her choice) and while she can easily zip it and unzip it, she can only unzip it when it is already partly unzipped, not when fully zipped.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What's a crib tent?
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009