Does your LO still nap?

And if so for how long? And how long do they sleep at night?

My DD will be 4 in July. She will lay down for me; but she's not sleeping anymore; she just plays in her bed and then gets back up after 1.5 hrs. She sleeps for like 10-12 hrs a night.

Sometimes she'll fall asleep still but lately it's been less and less - however on those days when she does nap she's in SUCH a better mood for the rest of the day...the days she doesn't, by bed time I'm way PAST ready for it! LOL

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 2 & 3 yr olds sleep from 8PM - about 8AM and they nap from 1PM till 3 PM
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son wont nap untill like 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon, and I can't let him do that because then he wont sleep at night till 10:00
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yeah that sounds like most 3-4 year olds. It's the weird transition phase where they still probably need a nap, but they don't always fall asleep.

My daughter was doing the whole sometimes napping, but most of the time playing in her room thing. We had some other issues with her due to her sensory disorder, so we stopped putting her in the room for nap time.

Now we now just decided to make movie time in the afternoon on days we are home. My son is an odd sleeper due to his autism and could benefit from a little down time. I just put a movie on in my room and then we all hang out in there. Sometimes I can to relax too which is good since I am pregnant with number 3.

It's a good refresher for the middle of the day and helps me get through the rest of the afternoon.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 5:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes every day for 2 hrs. if he doesn't he's a hellion.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• WAH - I miss her naps!!!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My 4 year old daughter was never a big napper, but she's pretty much not napping anymore. She's never slept more than 9 hours at night and when she napped, it was usually for 1-2 hours during the middle of the day. I think kids are just like adults--we all require different amounts. I wouldn't push it unless there's a real difference in behavior without naps.
    Dawn_M

Answer by Dawn_M at 6:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My 4 yo son definitely needs that rest time even if he doesn't actually sleep.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 7:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i have a 2 year old and a 4 year old...my fiance and i have our 2 year old go down for a nap between 1-130 and when he does we have our 4 year old go down for "quiet time"...where she lays down in her bed and reads a book or she can take a nap if she would like to...but both of them stay in there rooms for 2.5 hours...it works for us...
    Anonymous

• bent hasn't taken a nap in a long time, and when he does it pushes his bed time back to 10 or 11, so i don't make him unless he is sick and really needs one. though chase gets mad at me and thinks he should still be taking one
    bentleysmommy

Answer by bentleysmommy at 7:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009