Any idea what this rash could be caused by?

Its not raised or bumpy or itchy and its not hives, it is red blotches under the skin. It is all over my daughters tummy, back, arms, legs and neck. She hasnt eaten any new foods, or had any new brands of foods, we havent changed any of our detergents or for that matter ANYTHING in our day to day life. Does anyone have a clue what could cause it? Geeze sure wish I could post a picture!

sajamomma

Asked by sajamomma at 5:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It could be a virus. Many kids virus cause wierd rashes but I would take her to a pediatrician. Does the child have fever too? or recently been sick?
    NJMOMOF2

Answer by NJMOMOF2 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Not common, but I guess it could be ring worm. I would call the doctor, or maybe even take her to the ER. Even if it isn't bothering her, you can't really be too safe, especially with things that are definitely out of the ordinary... Good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son broke out in a rash that sounds like that and it turned out to be exzema so he's been on Zurtec for a while....Course he had the Fifth's disease too...It caused him to break out also...Talk to your pediatrician about it.....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Does it look like this?
    http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/fifth-disease-erythema-infectiosum
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• its strep
    ccmj

Answer by ccmj at 6:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My son had this happen and it was a rare and severe form of dry skin. No medicine or cream worked. His entire body was almost covered in the blotches before the doctor finally pulled out her doctors encyclopedia and diagnosed him. Because it seems to be under the skin the topical creams were not helping. We used the Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil and sprayed it directly on him and let it penetrate his skin...cleared it up in a few days!!!! The skin is so dry and itchy that it needs something intense. I wish I could think of the name of it but I cant rmember.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• VaDiva, its not itchy at all or dry shes still got baby soft skin and shehasnt been itchy once thus far. But now its moved up to her face, and the rash now when you touch the areas that are red it feels hot, although she said SHE doesnt feel hot or bothered even one bit by this wierd rash! UGH! Either way I have to take her to the doctor tomorrow as her school wont allow her to attend unless we have a doctors note saying its not contagious. So tomorrow I will hopefully have an answer! Thank you so much for all of your input!
    sajamomma

Answer by sajamomma at 9:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• has your child gotten their 12 month vaccs? my daughter got a rash all over 10 days after she got her vaccs..the doc said that it was a very mild case from the mmr vacc
    twinmumma

Answer by twinmumma at 5:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2009