• In the Spotlight:

How did you cope with...?

How did you cope with a separation/divorce? What were the circumstances? Was it your decision or his? What did you do to deal with the unimaginable range of motions that come along with this?

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 5:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I have no experience but here is a website I saw in a magazine last night that I hope will be helpful.
    www.divorce360.com
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i partied like a rockstar!!! lol
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Nicely put, scaredmommy08....that's what I feel like doing!!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 5:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It's pretty damn hard. I would compare it to the death of a close family member. There are books and websites that can help you atleast know what you are facing. There are several stages that people go though when they are going through a divorce. I went through all of them just not in the order described. I'm not sure if it matters who starts the divorce but I was the one who left him and "I" was the one that felt like a failure. Some days you love them and other days you hate them. Some days you cry all day and some days you are pi$$ed off at the world and then some days you are fine. Even when you know the marriage isn't working out and you've done everything possible to save it or change things, you still feel like a failure. I'm proof that you can get through it and you can find love again after divorce. I tell people to get therapy asap because I didn't and things would have been better for me if I had.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It was the hardest thing I've ever gone through other than being widowed when I was 24. I left my ex 3.5 years ago. I was not in love. I'm glad I left and have no regrets about that, but it broke my heart putting our daughter through it. I still feel sad when I remember that terrible period of time selling the house and all. My ex kept hoping that I'd change my mind. But I had to follow through since I was not in love and the thought of staying after our daughter grows up scared me more. A year after we broke up I met and fell in love with my current boyfriend. My daughter has grown to love him but still wishes her parents were together. I'm very happy now and getting over the sadness of the split.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009