What should I do

Today my 15 year old sister came to see me and my two kids after school and she was playing with Kasey for a bit and then she told me not to go mad and then said she was pregnant and her dad had kicked her out,she then asked if she could stay with me but I've got two kids of my own and can only just afford to keep the house running as it is and I'm pregnant again and don't know how I'll be able to afford the new kid when its born and I deffinalty can't afford to look after her and her baby when its born but I don't want to see my kid sister put into care or a youth hostel,what should Ido?

Aimee789135

Asked by Aimee789135 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would let her move in on the conditions that she find her own job and way to support the kid, and pay her way and not excpect you to take over for her.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 5:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• if you cant afford it them look in to teen shelters or foaster care if she was kicked out she needs some where to go . me personally tho if my little sister came to me like that id tell her she was going to take care of the baby i mena work school everything , if i did it then she can , and i would keep her.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Honestly I would let her stay under the conditions that she has to actively look for somewhere to live and decide what she is going to do, and maybe see if her dad (is it your dad too?) can help out with money because 15 and pregnant or not she is still a kid and their responsibility. Has she considered adoption? Maybe you need to get her someone to talk to. I know it is hard but I would have a REALLY hard time telling her no. Just be there for her and maybe go with her to talk to her dad. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When does she turn 16, so that she can get a job?? And you & your sister should get WIC and see if either of you are able to get food stamps
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• shes only 15 i dont think she can legally work in most states yet. Ehh thats a hard one. where is her mom at? maybe the two of you can find a way to work it out shes going to need alot of support and it sounds like you are the only person she has.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i'd let her stay as long as she stepped up and help out as much as she could.
    knjones

Answer by knjones at 5:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Our Mum is in a resedential unit and she could get a job but wouldn't be paid much as she's still ni school and is only in the first year of her GCSE's.I don't want her to go into care or a teen shelter and adoption is not a option because both me and my sister have see how much hurt and pain adoption can cause when they adopted child is older like 15,16 because we have a adopted sister and she wanted to find her real mum and that caused her so much pain and hurt and my mom was hurt and that when she became depressed and me and my sister were the only ones out of my brothers and sisters who knew she was adopted and it affected us deeply and I had to look after my brothers and sisters all the time since the because my mom is still depressed from it so theres no way my sister would put the baby up for adoption and theres no way I'd let her.
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It depends on how strong you are and if your SO is in agreement. According to your profile, you got pregnant at 14, (she is almost 4 yrs old), again last year (she is just 3 months old), now at 20(a couple of days ago?) pregnant with your 3rd. You have dealt recently with your SO's 14 y/o son being at your house (not a good situation, but you handled it well) and now your 15 y/o sister is expecting. You sound to me like an amazing person to be so young, and you could be a great role model to your sister during this time. However, if you believe this will become too much for you, (and even if you don't) check into a crisis pregnancy center to see what resources might be available to her (Housing, job, education, medical, transportation, etc.) whether she lives with you or not. You obviously have a big heart toward family, and it sounds like you could use some extra help.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I feel so bad for her clearly she will need help and support. It seems she came to you because she knows you have a big heart. I hope things will work out.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Just to let everyone know I have let her move in here with me but have told her she HAS to get a job and has to take care of her child herself.
    and thankyou for everyone's help and advice.
    I've been to the doctors mainly because of something personal but also to see if there were any parenting groups near me and I've got her into one of those.
    She's a good kid and I think she'll make a good Mom but I didn't want this for my younger sister.
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2009