children sex offenders?

what do you think about all these kids getting put in jail for sexting? do you think they should be charged as a sex offender?

http://www.northjersey.com/passaic/14-year-old_girl_faces_pornography_charge.html

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 5:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they should be tried as minors and their idiot parents should be tried as adults.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• whats sexting?
    Anonymous

• That is absolutely insane! What has come of kids these days? Apparently the parents did not give the child enough attention and advice. How could you not know your child was taking nude photographs and posting them on the internet? Or maybe they did know and thought "Shes just expressing herself?". I am shocked that this happened.
    Anonymous

• puts kids on the sex offender registry for false they need to change the laws for who gets on the registry
    Anonymous

• Hm . . .interesting. And the parents? What about them? If you don't know that your 14 year old girl is posting nude pictures of herself on the internet, then you probably need to re-evaluate your parenting style. IMO, they are as guilty as the girl herself for allowing this to happen.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i have a teenage step daughter and she has been caught doing this. we tell her that she can get into trouble but she doesnt listen. we have treatned to take her phone away but we cant lock her in the house. she does UIL, and after school stuff and she needs her phone to call us.
    Anonymous

• we have treatned to take her phone away

And that is exactly why kids keep doing it - they never face any consequences for their actions, they just get threats that maybe possibly there might be a consequence someday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• How about a phone with no camera? Or have her ask for permission to use others landline to call.I know you cannot be with them 24/7 but this stuff is ridiculous i'd kick my kids a$$
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was in many after school activities and I survived without a cell phone.
    Anonymous

• NotPaniking You are those perfect parents,yes?
    Anonymous