Blood sugar ? (please read)

So i have been feeling bad and I checked my sugar and it was 200.is that high or does it ussaly go up like that after you eat?Like 3 hours later it did go down to 120-130.Is it something I should worry about or call the doc for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Doyou have gestational or just plain old diabetes? I think if it went down you should be okay not to call right now but I would mention it to your dr next apt. If it doesnt go back down though I would call after hours.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I got tested after drinking the glucose drink and my blood sugar was 171 and they said i had gestational diabetes, so i would deffinatly tell your Doc.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• oh and after 3 hours mine had went down to 110. So you prob should tell your doc..soon..
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have never been told that I have a prob with diabetes or gd.So I guess 200 is high?My appt to get my glucose test is next wensday.I dont know if I should just cut back on my sugar and wait or if i should try to go sooner.
    Anonymous

• I dont think you should try and get a sooner appt, im pregnant and on a carb diet. So just make sure you dont eat alot of carbs?
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Your BSL will usually go up after eating that is normal, But that is quite high normal levels should be 100-110 but if you have been known to have problems then it could be as high as 130. I would let your Dr. Know that it reached 200. That could be dangerous. FYI your level should peak 30-45 mins after eating and should start to fall by the hour after.
    Tazz2299

Answer by Tazz2299 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thanks Ladies!
    Anonymous