Can You Put Downy On Baby Clothes?

I'm clueless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you dont, you use Dreft.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• like fabric softener? I always did and there wasnt any problems, but I used liquid and always put in less than directed.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• OP Here: Yes I know I do use dreft but you don't have to put any type of fabric softener?
    Anonymous

• I read the question wrong, I believe I used the fabric softener sheets. just watch their skin after using it to make sure they dont have a skin reaction
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I use regular laundry soap, but the "free" variety (like Tide Free) or natural variety... and I also use downy and unscented dryer sheets. My son is not senstive to those things. It completely depends on the child. I feel as if for the first month of their life, it is probably a good idea to just use Dreft. After that, you can try and see if your baby is o.k. with it. If he/she develops rash or acts itchy, just go back to just using dreft. I am assuming your little one doesn't have any skin condition like ezemena (pardon my spelling!) or dry/senstive skin, nor he/she is prone to rashes. If that's the case... give it a shot with a small load of clothes. Plus I am assuming you probably use downy on your clothes as well, and your baby spends a lot time against your fabric.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 5:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I do and have pretty much since he was born. He's never had a reaction to it but some babies have sensitive skin.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I wuoldn' t b/c that's full of perfumes and things like that and also don't use dryer sheets either..it takes away the fire resistant quality of baby clothes and blankets.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I used Dreft only the first few months because I didnt want to do anything to irritate his skin. After about 6 months I used what we normally use on our clothes only tring a few pieces at a time to make sure there wasnt any allergies.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 11:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I will not be able to use dreft because I personally am allergic to it so what should i use? any ideas... (got awhile, not due until 10/26)
    Jaimed2004

Answer by Jaimed2004 at 3:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I use Tide and double rinse after fabric softener. Or if I use a drier sheet, run the load half the time with it in and the last half with it out.
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 2:31 AM on Mar. 30, 2009