home work right wrong

my baby boy is just over 3 months old i had to leave him with a sitter wehn he was just over 2 months old to do an externship for school and i want to stay home with him for a little while before going to work my man says he wants me to work so we will hacvve more money but i would rather stay home in this economy i think the cost of my working would not benifit us because of daycdare and all of the things the baby needs formula also cuz i dried up plus i want to be with my baby .... is it selfish of me what shoud i do?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it's selfish as long as you aren't creating a financial burden. I understand how daycare is expensive, so you should see how much it costs and see what kind of job you can get and see if you will actually be getting more money. My son is just starting daycare on Monday after 7 months, however, even with daycare costs we'll still be getting at least $4-500 dollars extra a month. And he'll only be there part time. I'd love to have my son here with me all day, however, the extra money is needed.
    Anonymous

• It's a personal choice. If you guys are not struggling right now with your income, I would just stay at home with the baby. That's just me, I don't want to miss a moment. Plus I am very icky about the idea of another stranger helping me raise my child. But if you guys are really struggling, and it's impacting your child and you, I would work and try to find family/friends I trust to babysit. Or find a job that works around my SO's job so your little one has the benefit of being with a parent all the time.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We struggle at times but figured it out and agreed that it was in my DDs best interest for me to stay home....maybe go parttime when she's a bit older. I only work once in a blue moon when DH is home with her so she never has to be with a stranger. You need to tell your boyfriend that you are willing to cut back on some things (you will have to) and taht you really want to stay home with her. By the time you add up daycare, gas, doctor visits(b/c sh'ell get sick more) and those kinds of things you have to see if it's really worth it. But if youdo stay home, you should expect a lot more stress to come from him, so you should do what you can ie: use coupons when shopping, no more eating out for a while, no movies, things like that. Good luck:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I would love to be a SAHM but I had to go back to work when my son was 6 weeks old. I didn't have a choice, and I work fulltime. Its completely up to you. I would say if you know someone trust worthy like a family member who could baby sit, that would save you tons of money if you went back to work. I would maybe just start out part time. IT may cause conflick with you and your dh if you dont. Its completely up to you hun.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009