does it really hurt the baby?

Does caffeine really do any harm to the baby?

I'm kind of a coke-a-holic haha and i've dropped down to 1 can of coke a day and probably only 5 days a week, will that hurt the baby? should i cut down more or not drink it at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• caffeine can effect the baby. I'm a pepsi-aholic. My dr. told me as long as I didnt have more than two cans of caffeine a day that he would be fine.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have had 5 children the 1st one I wanted to do everything "right". The rest of them I just ate a good and balanced diet and tried not to overdo any one thing. All of my children are heathy and happy, never had much in the way of sickness. So I don't think it will harm the baby.
    Tazz2299

Answer by Tazz2299 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had to drink a can of coke every morning so I wouldn't get sick. My baby was born perfectly healthy. As with everything else, (with the exception of drugs and alcohol) Caffeine in moderation is fine.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't think it hurts that much I drink caffiene the worst thing I've heard it doing it making it hard for you to sleep and the posibility of add adhd which is a chance for any one any way
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• no your doing fine . but i drink tea all the time and have a soda once in a while and both my babies were fine my first he is fine and now this one she is doing great so far she is due april 25th
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• you shouldn't have too much caffeine during pregnancy. I love dr pepper and it's all I could drink when I was sick with really bad morning sickness.. I couldn't eat, or do anything.. and sipping dr. pepper was all I could do. I cut back a lot though, because of caffeine. So you can have a coke if you want, but cut back and limit it to 1-2 a day.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No, 1 coke a day will not hurt the baby.
    susanna71

Answer by susanna71 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my doctor told me to have 1 can of soda is okay
    Anonymous