How can I get my husband to understand that it's not our(me and kids) fault that we are not boys?

Doesn't understand that kids are growing and need new clothes for the seasonal weather changes. He wouldn't care how much I spent if we had boys. IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT WE ARE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help with any advice. I'm getting desperate for him to understand!

mumummum

Asked by mumummum at 5:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• If you don't have boys, how do you know that he wouldn't care how much you spent? I don't get it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Is it your money? If so, f*ck what he thinks about you buying your kids new clothes. If it's his, I suggest you start making your own and that way this won't be an issue
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't care what he says... if I had to buy the clothes used, I'd buy them. I'd take his clothes and trade them in at a resale shop before I'd let my kids do without (only his since he's the one that thinks they don't need them, he could learn how much he values his).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Has he told you he's spend any amount of money on boys, but not girls? I don't really get how you know this either. But if he's saying stuff like that then maybe it's time to get him into the 21st century and realize men and women do have equal rights.
    Anonymous

• Go out and get your girls clothing! I don't think he's acting this way because you all aren't boys but more because he's greedy.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 6:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• To clarify a few things. He constantly tells me we should of had boys not girls. He talks about getting all the stuff he told me no to for our girls, both necessities and luxuries. Nothing but brand new stuff for a boy. I just don't understand how he can feel this way about a boy and not our girls. He complains about being surrounded by girls constantly. So it's the way he makes me feel. He may not feel this way but that's what his words and actions are telling me not to mention family and friends that have commented on it after I mentioned something. His family told me how important is to him to have a boy, not to mention the majority of them feel the same way.
    mumummum

Answer by mumummum at 7:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• In response to is it his money. It doesn't matter whose money it is. It's not just my responsibility to provide and take care of OUR children. He is their father! The mother is not the only one who is accountable for the children. So if it was you it wouldn't be a problem?
    mumummum

Answer by mumummum at 7:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Leave for a while. See if he misses and appreciates his girls. if not, keep on stepping and serve him with divorce papers. Your kids shouldn't have to go through this because they weren';t boys and you shouldn't either!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• "To clarify a few things. He constantly tells me we should of had boys not girls."

Well, that's his fault. Did he never take a biology class?
    What a bunch of asses. Sorry, I'd walk. And make sure the court requires him to support ALL his girls.

And I'd make sure he knows...it's HIS STUPID SPERM that determined that you'd have girls. NOTHING YOU DO can influence that. It's all in the sperm. SO he can go look in the mirror and see who's to blame.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Are your girls aware of his feelings? This can't be good for their self esteem and confidence. Is this the worst thing he does? Maybe get family counseling so if nothing else, he might keep his disappointment on only having girls to himself. If there are other issues in the marriage, I would consider divorcing him.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009