Infidelity - con't ~ Would you divorce your dh if he had an affair?

No matter what the circumstances where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Unless he was a rich, old man with one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel, then yea I would.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes, I would get rid of his sorry ass, regardless of the circumstances. We made a promise to each other - no "circumstance" erases it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yes i wouldn't think twice about it. he knows this. he said i would still love him. i said "yes but i would also hate you more than anyone". for some reason i cannot tolerate it. to me its a punch to the gut. why would i get back up and say "may i have another"?
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yes but I agree with legalmommy!!
    Anonymous

• No doubt about it.... It would be the end of us.... even if I still loved him I would also hate him greatly and could never look at him the same again.... I would be a better person for it if I divorced him, If he done something like that!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yep, I would divorce him in a heartbeat. I can't think of ONE circumstance that would make it okay.
    mom2eliandjayde

Answer by mom2eliandjayde at 6:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

Ditto this.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I tried to forgive and make things work with my husband and I just couldn't do it. I had lost all respect and trust for him. It does change so much of how you feel about that person that I dont think you can ever truly go back.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 6:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• NO, When you marry you marry for better or worse . If he messes up there is a reason and you need to find out what the reason is, what you need to fix or work on and get counseling. Most men do not have an affair because they dont love their wife or family they have an affair out of something that is missing. Maybe its attention, maybe its midlife and maybe hes just a jerk. Whateer it is you need to decide if its worth fixing and move forward. I did after mine had an emotional affair, because I have 2 kids and we have been marrie 22 yrs. After talking and being angry it was a midlife crisis thing. He felt old and unattractive and liked the attention. He soon figured out that it wasnt worth loosing us. Way the odds dont jump to conclusions. Nobody ever said marriage was easy but they did say for better or WORSE... good luck
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• For better or worse through sickness and health. I don't remember ever saying I'll let you screw other people and I'll forgive you. That wasn't in my vows. Adultery is a way out of marriage both religiously and legally.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009