Did the children brought here to America illegally by their parents break the law?

I have seen the arguement that all illegals broke our laws and they are all criminals. Is this true for the 6 month old brought here by his mother? Did he break the law? Should he be arrested and treated like a criminal? What about the child who grew up in America? The ones who attended American schools. The ones who have studied our laws and history alongside us. Are they too criminals? Should they be sent to a country they do not know because of their parents' choices?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If their parents are deported and the child was not born here then yes, the child should be sent back with their parents. I wouldnt consider the child a criminal because they had no control of the actions of their parents. But they should be deported with who ever brought them. There are plenty of people who have children that come here legally. Many even serve our nation in the armed forces to be come citizens and provide a good life for their families. Letting illegals stay is spitting in the face of those who have worked to get here legally.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• If two parents rob a bank and steal a million dollars, does their child get to keep the money just because they weren't part of the robbery?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What a ridiculous question. If you have the understanding of law then you will be able to answer your own question, but I suspect that this is rhetorical.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 6:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• lifeasinoit please explain your answer. Yes I do understand the laws. Yes this is a real question. Everyday people who were brought to America by their parents are treated like criminals. I don't understand why you say this quesiton is ridiculous.

Notpanicking no the child wouldn't keep the money. But the child wouldn't be punished for it either. They are punished if they are brought here illegally though.
    Anonymous

• They are punished if they are brought here illegally though.

Removing the fruits of the crime is not punishment.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Are you refering to the bill that is being discussed that would give illegal children that have been here for at least 5 years and no criminal record free in state tuition??
    Anonymous

• Punishment they face is the inprisonment. Many Mexicans are deported back to a country that is in a state of terror.
    Put yourself in their shoes. What if you were pulled over one day and informed that you are not a citizen of this country, your parents had brought you here illegally and didn't tell you (I don't care what your real situation is, this is hypothetical for you and a reality for countless others). Then you were arrested without a chance to say goodbye to your husband and kids and taken to a country where people are beheaded, raped, and burned to death everyday. Would you just sit back and say okay my parents committed a crime and now I need to have everything in my life taken away from me to make up for it. I doubt you would have the same answer if it were you in this situation.
    Anonymous

• No, they didn't .
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Anon :14
    Nope I am not referrring to that bill. BUT don't make it sound better than it really is. They are not proposing for FREE tuition. The kids would just be charged the same as everyone else. As of now they are charged thousands, sometimes tens of thousands more bc they cannot prove they are a resident of the state, even though they have lived there the last 18 years.
    Anonymous