What is the difference between templates and stencils?

What is the difeerence between these two? If I want to get a 3D raised sort of look (with some sort of paste or glaze) for my scrapbook page, which one would work best? Thanks ladies!!

2girls4boys98

Asked by 2girls4boys98 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• In my opinion...they are quite similiar. Both are images that you can use to copy something from. i have several templates for things, the templates allow me to make something I may not have been able to on my own. For example I have templates of how to make a greeting card purse, or a greeting card from a circle or a triangle. I also have templates that will show me how to make a box out of paper or a shirt by folding paper. On the other hand, I have alphabet and shape stencils.

I would suggest over laying images for your 3-D look. This means using one image and then putting down pop up dots (or something) to glue the same image on top of the first one. Make sense? If you wanted a more glazed, or pasted look there is a product that's called Liquid Applique. I used it on a stamped cup cake image for frosting once, It really made the frosting look yummy! Hope some of this helps!
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2009