What do you think of the Republican 'Road to Recovery?'

I think the main criticism is that it's just a criticism of the Dem's budget, and does not forward any actual budget. Here is the link

http://www.gop.gov/solutions/budget/road-to-recovery-final

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think anything of it because as long as the dems are in power it wouldnt matter what they suggest. Itll take a full blown depression and people on the streets demanding reforms and for the govt to stop spending money we dont have before people wake up.
    Anonymous

• I believe they stated that they would have the numbers by next week, before Obama's budget goes to vote.  And, no, I don't have a source, I was flipping though several news channels earlier while working out (hard to focus on which channel I saw it on).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/163874/Heres_the_alternative

This was asked earlier but I'm sure others will have things to add. It seemed to fly off the first page pretty fast so here you go! :)
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 6:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I posted this last night and was told how "stupid" it was because it didn't have numbers. Of course, that ignores that the actual numbers are being introduced on the House floor in a bill next week, and this is just an overview of what is in the bill. Based on what it actually is, I think it makes some very good points, and we'll have to see what the NUMBERS are next week.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• This was asked earlier but I'm sure others will have things to add. It seemed to fly off the first page pretty fast so here you go! :)

Thanks, I checked but I must have missed it!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

Sadly it would take more than that I'm afraid my friend...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I agree it probably would not matter.The republicans are pretty much in the dog house no matter what it seems.Of course it is being portrayed that republicans just do not want to work with them.
    I am not surprised at all and do not hold much hope that it will turn any different until republicans can get some kind of leeway in 2010.
    Anonymous

• I think its 10x more realistic to actually IMPROVE things...
    Anonymous

• Doesn't really matter what they put on the table. If it is not the Democratic wish it will not get passed. A very sad truth.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• So what does it offer?
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 1:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009