My son quit breathing the other night

My 18 mo old son went limp a couple of weeks ago and it seemed as if he wasn't breathing. The doctors thought it was a seizure at first but the EKG came back with a low heart rate. They say he has sinus bradycardia. Is this serious? Anyone have a child with it? I don't know very much about it and was looking for some more info on it. It's with the heart so do I need to be freaking out?

luvmyboys31

Asked by luvmyboys31 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I can not imagine how scary that must have been - and still is. I don't know anything about it myself but I found this:
    http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/heart-rythym-disorders
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You should ask his dr.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• They didnt explain it to you? Check webmd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Talk to his doctor, they should have explained this to you. I would think anything with the heart and breathing would be serious. If your doctor doesn't explain, then get a second opinion.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I don't have a child with this but I have it. It's not serious for me but could be quite different for a child. I know that I am not to be administered Morphin because my heart rate drops too low but other than that I don't need to worry about too much.
    grnlf4

Answer by grnlf4 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Thank you so much for sharing your story. He goes back to the dr tomorrow so I am going to ask the dr more. Thanks
    luvmyboys31

Answer by luvmyboys31 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2009