I have a 3 1/2 year old with a cough and soar throat what do i do the get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't get rid of the kid!
    Anonymous

• Poor baby. My suggestion would be delsym for the cough and popsicles for the sore throat...
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 6:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You have to wait it out. It's going around. Can try Tylenol, cold stuff for the throat. It lasted about three days for us. The cough is pretty bad. I've used Tylenol at night to keep it at bay. There's Delsym but you have to really read the directions and measure perfectly. No drugs would be a steam bath or shower, humidifier and patience.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• they told me hunny which my 3 year old likes it sooths also a humidifyer and a steam room. just turn shower on hot let bathroom steam up and just sit in there read him a book. they also said steam and then 2-5 mins out side the air will help. good luck mama. xox hope your 3 year old feels better soon.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009