Deploying Husband--What to do

..
I would like to buy him a laptop.BUT how does internet work on it over seas? What would i have to buy.What kind of lap top should i buy. I was thinking of a mini.But i know he wants a big one. What kinda plan is the best for internet anyways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• Depending on where he goes depends on what kind of service he will have. He might have the option to get internet in his room, but be forewarned it is expensive (worth it but expensive). Right now DH does not have that option where he is. BUT they have uso stations where he can go get on the computer and chat. As for a laptop that is personal preference. My husband is a music fan so he got one with lots of memory to put music on it. It is also great for sharing pictures. We have a thumb drive that we send back and forth with pictures.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i know it depends on where he goes . some places dont have the choice to have private internet , but they do have the internet cafes that they are aloud to use .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My hubby will have internet in his room, so far. It will 180 dollars per month i think. I don't think you should do wireless internet if he is going to Iraq or Afghanistan. The signals are sketchy out there and like PPs said there should be places where he can email you from.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:51 PM on Mar. 30, 2009