Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I am in what started out as a contract marriage. I don't have strong feelings for my husband but he now does for me. It's not working out for a number of reasons and I am just waiting until I can support myself and my child before I leave. I have found someone else who I fell for immediately and he feels the same about me. I am a different person after meeting him and I am truly happy. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with him. It hurts to be away from him.

I've already messed up my whole situation. I don't know how I should go about my marriage and the "other guy."

If your comments are only negative, please refrain from answering.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • i dont see why you cant leave.

    Answer by aliciatron at 6:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • life is too short not to be happy i would say follow your heart but make sure it is a better sit. than what you are end now. Good Luck for you and your child

    Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • You can't help who you fall in love with...but at the same time out of repect for you and you legal husband you should let him know sooner than later. Everything will work out. But you should not be so selfish to make him suffer anylonger, it will help him start a healing proccess. Good luck.

    Answer by Mommy3b1g at 7:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • I'm in school, my daughter's father wants no part in her life. I could leave but I'd have to rely on my family again. The reason we got married was so I could get my bachelor's, and have a place to stay.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • this is why im glad i never ended up in my contract marriage. I really hope you find a means to support yourself and can get out there and find your true happiness. good luck and my best wishes. <3

    Answer by mommamaniacc at 7:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • Trust me, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I was young and naive and I didn't think it through. I'm trying to do the best given the situation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • It sounds like you really don't completely want to leave. Don't use your husband. If you don't want him, get a divorce. It sounds like you want to use him but also have this other man. It's a bad idea all together. Wait until you can support yourself, get a divorce, THEN pursue this man. Or either leave your H now, rely on your family until you get on your feet and go for the other man. Either way..Don't cheat.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • Thank you for your honesty.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • I don't understand why you couldn't get your degree on your own.
    I dunno what to tell you, just divorce I guess.

    Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.