How can i get my 3month old to sleep by himself at night???

the only way i can get my baby to sleep at night is if he sleeps with me .. it is a little uncomfortable.. because he wants to be pretty close to me (sometime he falls asleep while im breasfeeding him) ...every time i move a little bit away from him trying to get in a comfy position he wakes up ... what can i do ???>.. is it bad to sleep with your baby ????

susyecu

Asked by susyecu at 7:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i love co-sleeping....ive done it for 7 months now...Personally, I think it's better...just make sure you follow the safety precautions. no pillows blankets things like that. My DD sleeps on her sleep positioner next to me, Its so much easier when you are BFing too. Nobody has to wake up all the way. My dd sleeps much better that way. good luck. if you WANT him to sleep on his own, I would get the book, "the no-cry cleep solution."
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It's not bad to sleep with your baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Co-sleeping is the greatest!! At 3 months it's normal for a baby to need the constant contact with you - just think, for all those months he lived within you and he's just used to your comfort.
    If it's uncomfortable to sleep right next to him, try a co-sleeper or sidecarring your crib (taking off one side and securely and safely fastening it onto your bed frame. If done correctly it's VERY SAFE.
    savvybabygrace

Answer by savvybabygrace at 9:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with co-sleeping... unless YOU aren't comfortable with it.

If you want him sleeping in his own bed, you're going to have to just live with sleepless nights for as long as it takes to nudge him into it. Get him to sleep, put him to bed, when he starts crying 2 minutes later, start over. This will go on for days, could go on for weeks.... but, it's what ya gotta do.

G'luck.... buy lots of coffee.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Girl I am in the exact same situation you are in. My son is 3 months old and the only way he will sleep is with me. I slept with my other son also when he was a baby. I just stopped breastfeeding the baby so sleeping with him has become easier. It's not bad, you just have to be extremely careful and keep all pillows and blankets away from baby.
    CarterCrad

Answer by CarterCrad at 11:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009