SHOULD I GET A LAWYER ???/

Ok two months ago i had my big toe removed after that the doc had me wear a cast to protect the foot well a week later i told them my ankle is swollen and is in pain they said dont worry its from the surgery well eveyweek i got a new cast i told them my ankle hurts so now 2 months went by i got another doc close to home well this doc took xray he said i have a dislocated ankle (slipage) so my docs could have know 2 months ago but didnt check i have kaiser s im back in a cast for a month may need surgery should i get a lawyer can i prove it was like this ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• I would and I would do it ASAP so it doesnt look like you knew and just ignored it for a while. Good luck, my dad had a toe removed about a year ago and had it infected and they ignored it saying it was part of the surgery, he is in the middle of settlement agreements right now.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't approve of unnecessary lawsuits. I mean you didn't die, you're not going to die...

Sure the doctor should have listened better, but, unless you are having to pay for the second surgery out of pocket, I don't see a need to sue. IF you have to pay for it, then I would say you might want to contact an attorney to try and get the money for the surgery.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'd schedule ameeting with your doc and hospital administator to work out them comping you for unnecessary care.You have to be aggressive and push doctors to listen to you.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• WELL I HAVE TO PAY $5,OOO FOR THE COPAY OF SURGERY AND AGAIN IF I WILL NEED THIS SECOND ONE FROM WHAT THEY DID I TOLD THEM MY ANKLE HURT FOR 2 MONTHS AND NOW IM HOMEBOUND FOR A MONTH WITH A CAST I CANT GO ANYWHERE I KNOW ITS FROM THE FIRST CAST THEY PUT ON ME IT WAS NT SET RIGHT !THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY I HAVE NEUROPATHY NOW THEY SAY THIS AND NO IM NOT DIABETIC I HAD AN ULCER ON MY TOE IT WAS VERY INFECTED HAD TO GO !
    Anonymous

• yea i would at least try to sue for the cover of the damages. loss of work, copay
    Anonymous

• Well if you'll have to pay $5,000 for the second surgery, I would work to get that paid for, but if you don't work, then being homebound won't really hurt you.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I HAVE TO PAY 5,000 FOR THE SURGERY I JUST HAD THAT IS COPAY IF I WILL NEED A SECOND SURGERY FROM THE MISTAKE THEY HAVE DONE BY NOT DOING A XRAY TWO MONTHS AGO I WILL HAVE TO PAY 5,000 AGAIN AND ALL THE OTHER SPECIALST COPAY 25.00 EACH VISIT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SHOULD I GET A LAWYER TO SUE THEY DID NOT HEAR ME THAT I WAS IN PAIN AND SWOLLEN FOR TWO MONTHS !
    Anonymous

• If you do, it will just be tied up in litigation for over a year, and you are going to be responsible for retainers and paying all attorney's fee until its determined they were liable or not. You are looking at a three thousand dollar retainer for something like that, and that will be eaten up fast believe me. If I were you, I would have the surgery done someplace else, and be done with it. You are going to end up costing yourself more in the long run.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Have them pay to fix it. It's not neccesary to sue for everything. Guarantee tha tyou won't be able to prove which doctor did it or that it was a result of the surgery
    Anonymous

• No. There are risks associated with every surgery. Just stating you have pain directly after a surgery is a common (expected) side effect. One I'm sure a good lawyer could argue the dr. is not negligent in any way at all, and i personally don't think he is. These things happen with all surgeries. And who is to say that you didn't follow dr.'s orders specifically after your surgery and caused the injury yourself? You get lawyers involved, especially the lawyers for the dr. and hospital that are use to arguing these things, i don't think you have a chance and are just wasting your time and more of your money. Let it go. It's a chance you take with an operation. Complications happen and i'm sure that is listed in the paperwork you signed before your surery. This is not negligent on his part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009