How do I find a good trustworthy babysitter for date night with my Husband?

We are new to OKC and I dont know anyone to watch my 3 children on nights that my husband and I would like to have "alone time"

onefizzysoda

Asked by onefizzysoda at 7:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• depends on where you live out there i lived there and i know there is this church in midwest city just outside of okc and they are amazing and love to help out they have a bunch of good teens there that baby sit
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• AT CHURCH OR FRIENDS WHO USED THEM BEFORE ASK MOMS WHO LIVE NEAR YOU WHO THEY USE ASK A MOM AT YOUR CHILDS SCHOOL !
    Anonymous

• There are some websites that help you to find local sitters. The one that I have seen is sittercity.com.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 7:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• As at church or any co-workers where you might be employed.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I was going to suggest sittercity.com as well. Also, if you go to church, that is a good idea. You could talk to the youth pastor and see if there are any girls in the church that babysit. You can look on craigslist as well.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• im with above poster, besides the whole craigslist kind of some crazy folk on there
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I want to thank you guys so much for your help. sittercity.com looks to be a wonderful site. The church that I go to seems to have a requirement of 50+ years old to attend. We just started going because that is where my inlaws attend. So if you know of a church that would be a little more younger please let me know. Again thanks for all the help! ~Nicole
    onefizzysoda

Answer by onefizzysoda at 11:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009