Was he right for doing this?

This friend of mine is not talking to me because he doesn't like my SO and hates the fact that I'm with him so he wants nothing to do with me. The last time we hung out was a year ago and there were no arguements the last time we met. If I write an apology note, he ignores it. What can I do?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well it sounds like he likes you and hes jealous that you are with him. so its best to stay away if hes going to act like that imo
    Anonymous

• You can't do anything. There is a reason he doesn't like your SO. You can't argue his feelings, they're his. He obviously is not thinking well of you to be with your SO. Perhaps you should pay attention to why.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• sounds like your friend has more then friendly feeling for you! leave it alone unless you leave sO.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Why are you apologizing to him? I had my marriage counselor ask me a question the other day, "Is the relationship with that person worth the problems it causes in your marriage?'

My answer was no, and now I remember that every time. Anyone that is not willing to accept you for you and the decisions you make, is NOT your friend. I lost all of my friends when I married my husband because we went from strangers to married in two months. We have been married four years now, and short of some post deployment issues, we are very happily married to one another. I know speak to those people again because after two years of not talking with them, they called begging me for forgiveness and to be my friend again. He is obviously not a GOOD friend and I would just let it lie.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Its time to just move on and get over the friend. If you think you should be with your SO then go with it. The "friend" is apparently jealous and does not care about your happiness.
    Anonymous

• As a married woman you now need to make a choice......do you support your husband or risk your marriage in order to make your so-called friend happy?
    Your "friend" is forcing you to make a decision, so you need to do so and stick by it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2009