My daughter is a pretty girl, but she can't find a prom date, how can i help her deal with this?

Her dad offered to escort her, she says, that that is so un cool, ughh!. He was just going to drive her there, then pick her up. what do you ladies think?

mamababydoll122

Asked by mamababydoll122 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I agree with Mama Champ. When I went to my junior and senior prom it was me and the girls and we danced with whomever we wanted to without having to worry about a prom date getting jealous. Afterwards we went out to eat....IT WAS SO FUN! Your daughter is a diva and is very picky...lol...tell her to set them high..jk..but going in a group would be so much fun and less pressure.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well I think that is great she still wants to go even without a date. Have you thought about maybe getting her a limo and telling her to invite some of her single friends that dont have dates? Could be something really special for them to do as friends.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• NOT HER DAD NO WAY DO YOU HAVE A FREIND WHO HAS A SON HER AGE IS SHE SHY SHE DOESNT HAVE TO GO I DIDNT GO TO MY IT WILL BE OK IF SHE STAYS HOME !
    Anonymous

• Tell her she doesn't need a guy to go with. Go with friends! The more the merrier! Make the best of it.
    Anonymous

• Its true... boys are waaaay overrated... especially at that age! She can go stag and have just as much fun, if not more, than all the girls that went with their boyfriends.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i went to both of my proms and ended up dances with all my friends. we just left our dates lol and it was only 4 years ago so im not "ancient" lol. tell her to dress up and be cinderella-except she dont need prince charming to have a good time i promise. if you want to pm me i can give her my email or myspace address and i can at least listen. :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yeah she should go with friends or even cousins if all her friends have dates.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009