:( Am I being selfish (sister troubles)

last night i posted a question (which i will post after this) about my stepsister. i took the advice i was given which was to write her one more message. we keep in contact through myspace. i wrote her a message and told her that i miss talking to her and really dont want to lose contact with her. i told her that i love her and i hope to hear from her. well i saw that she logged on and she didnt even write me back or call/text even though i included my cell number. i dont want to be spitful and no try to contact her-shes my sister. but im disappointed. i meant every word that i wrote and i was hoping for some kind of response. im hurt that she didnt even take the time to write "im ok-still pregnant" or anything. shes 2 weeks from her due date. am i being selfish for feeling angry with her?? any suggestions on what i cdan do? im very hurt bc i have waited for so long to have a relationship with her. :(

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ok so heres the short version of the story..i have an 18 year old ss. shes pregnant and due next month. i have never met her because she lives with her dad in another state and i just got in contact with her in december. her mom (my step mom for the past 14 years) had lost contact with her when she was really young. my sister and i were talking alot at first and we starting to form as much of a bond as you can through the internet. she even calls me sis and tells me she loves me. issues between her and her mom (which are being dealt with) are their problems and have nothing to do with me. so it was going great. now all of a sudden, she's not responding to my emails and when she does its really short and doesnt seem like shes interested. im hoping that maybe shes busy with school (shes a senior) and maybe a little hormonal since shes in her last month....continued
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• but i dont know what to do. i have waited my whole life to be able to find her and contact her. i dont want to push her. do i keep trying or back off? what do you think? no bashing please
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Give her some time to mule over what you wrote. She might be trying to work some stuff out in her own mind. She might come around, she has so much going on with the new baby coming. I bet you will hear from her after baby is born.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You tried. I'd let it go. She'll come around when she's ready. Backing off is best as you cannot force someone to be nice to you or care for you.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• she is selfish right now! ...forget about her but not in your prayers! my step daughter is the same way with my kids. She never thanks us for anything! Bitter,or jealous or selfish?who knows?
    Anonymous

• All relationships take 2 people. You can't force someone to have a relationship or friendship w/you. I have stepped out and taken the first step too, but if the other person doesn't respond, then there's nothing you can do. I know it hurts, but you will just have to move on.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Yeah just because your in the place to be ready for a relationship doesn't mean she is. It is sort of like an apology, you may be ready to give one. However the other person has to be ready to accept it. Don't fret. This will work it self out.
    Another point entirely is this, maybe she was tired or angry about something else. She knew if she wrote some thing it wouldn't be good. Sometimes we need time to process stuff.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009