Please help my summer reading list!

I'm expanding my horizons! lol I'd really love to hear some recommendations. I love fantasy, romance, mystery, magic. I'm reading The Given Day by Dennis Lehane right now..he's also written Gone, Baby, Gone and Mystic River which were both made into motion pictures. It's not really something I'd pick up usually, but I'm enjoying it so far. So, any thing that you love, shoot it my way!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• silvia brown ( really interesting ) and i read true ghost stories there good. strange but true is really a cant put it down book. ohhh and final exits by michael largo i know they might all be weired but its so entertaning and besides kids that all i get to do. hope i was a lil help.(:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Classics:
    Watership Down
    and
    The Count of Monte Cristo
    Both are wonderful, timeless treasures. If you haven't read them I highly recommend them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I always recommend Good Omens by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Oh yes yes yes - ANYTHING by Terry Prachett!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• tHE CHILD CALLED IT is realy good (very sad ), But very very good. The second book in this series is :The lost boy: It is a true story and it will catch your attention ,The author and who the story is about is David something. look it up on google or something. i loved it so much i have read it about 5 times. It makes you think of how wonderful of a mother you are and how there is so many problems out there. My second suggestion is THE LAST JUROR byJohn Grisham. Realy, almost all of his books are VERY good. After you read some of his books like THE CLIENT , you can watch the movie.

Enjoy!! I know i did and still do!!
    ajijrose

Answer by ajijrose at 12:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Here are some of my favorites.
    By John Irving:
    A Widow for One Year
    The World According to Garp
    Hotel New Hampshire
    By Wally Lamb:
    She's Come Undone
    I Know This Much is True
    Lighting by Dean Kootz
    White Oleander-Janet Fitch
    Ledges- by Micheal Frederick
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 1:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Fern Michaels has a series of books the first one is called weekend warriors they are about women who have been wronged by the court systems and they make it right
    sandi611

Answer by sandi611 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I love the books that ajijrose is talking about. they are the child called it, the lost boy and a man named dave his name is david peltzer and it is his story he is the author. They are very good but kinda sad.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2009