A question about pains in my back and right arm...

4 weeks ago, I went to the ER due to back pain. They did nothing about it. They told me to take Ibprofen and sent me home. Well, 3 weeks ago, my right hand and arm started hurting. Like a burning achy pain. In the palm of my hand. It usually hurts when I try to go to sleep. Like when I'm relaxed. Well, the pain in my back, is still hurting. It feeling like something is pinching me. It's in the center of my tailbone. I clean for a living, and it's making it hard to do my job. I do have a doctors appointment Tuesday, but I wanted to see if anyone had any advice or if anyone had the same problems. My bf's sister said that I may have carpool tunnel (sp? not sure what exactly that is). But I'm affraid that the back pain and arm pain is connected in some way. Ibprofen isn't working for either pain. Does anyone have an idea as to what it could be? And maybe what I could take to help me sleep?

gerigirl90

Asked by gerigirl90 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• This could be a back issue,i.e. a serious one(disc ruptured,which would affect your arm or leg)or not so serious(maybe just muslces aching from working so hard and using muscles you arent used to using?) For sleeping: try melatonin,which is over the counter herbal remedy and it is actually something your body produces anyway. If you have other health issues,ask your doctor first though. This does work for me when I cant sleep. Good Luck!
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 2:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2009