jealous of the relationship of my son and my husband

yes, I know I shouldn't, but I am really jealous. My son is 3 years old and he was all mommy until the birth of my 8 months old, now he just wants his dad for everything, I FEEL LEFT OUT. what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe he feels like you are not as accessible since you have been dealing with the baby. Maybe you can plan special mommy dates with him one day a week were you two do something special just the two of you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Its normal to feel this way, and its normal for him to gravitate towards daddy. I know with my kids my dh plays differently with them than I do. He runs around and roughhouses with them. They also see me a lot more than him so when he gets home he is KING!!! lol

I enjoy the break. hehehe. But I agree with the above post to plan something just for him and you!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My two year old son adores his daddy. Whenever he hurts himself, he cries for daddy. Even when I'm the only one with him (all day)!

I have struggled with feelings of not being appreciated by my son. My hubby tells me he's only a child and he loves me, but whenever I'm trying to console him and he just pushes me away and cries harder for daddy, honestly, it makes me cry sometimes, too.

I'm jealous of my husband's place in my son's heart, also.
    Anonymous