what is " disspensationalist doctrine " ?

and....do you think al cuppet is a disspensationalist ?? why ???

ashleyamanda

Asked by ashleyamanda at 8:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's my understanding that dispensationalism believes in a "pre-tribulation" Rapture. It's the idea that God has 2 purposes in history - one for earthly people (Isreal) and one for heavenly people (the Church). They think when Jesus came he offered Isreal an earthly kingdom, but they rejected him as Messiah so God created a the church to reign with him in heaven.

But since God's promise to Isreal is unconditional, he will fulfill them they've just been put on hold until the heavely people are removed from earth in the Rapture. Most believe that since Isreal has bee re-established as a nation the Rapture could happen at any moment. Some extremists work to bring power to Isreal in hopes of causing the Rapture.

I don't believe this at all and I have no idea who Al Cuppet is so I don't know what he believes.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I think it's a load of hooey if you ask me. The rapture isn't biblical.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Few people in the populace at large seem to understand that not every Christian church believes in the rapture (thanks to movies and the media). We don't.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 11:38 AM on Mar. 30, 2009