maternity clothes--how long after having the baby(ies) did you keep wearing them?

Let's face it, some maternity fashions are so comfy and cute that you could get away with adding them to your normal wardrobe....have you?
Several of the girls who work at Motherhood at the local mall tell me that they wear the secret fit belly pants "just because."
The capris I bought today are so awesome I think I am going to just keep wearing them long after I have this baby. They are better than any capris I have ever bought, the length and cut and fit are just perfect.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 8:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As soon as I got home from the hospital those clothes went into storage. LoL Sorry , the fact that they are maternity.. nope I can't wear them!
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Um, today. Theyre the only jeans I own that fit! And the shirts hide my stomach. Mine didnt look like materity clothes and I was one of the smaller pregnant women. But I'm working on it!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• the last time I wore maternity clothes was the day I went into the hospital. The ones I was wearing by that time would have been way to big to wear without the baby belly
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I got rid of them as soon as I got home. As comfy as the are, the fit just isn't right without the belly.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Most of mine would NOT fit after my girly was born, but I do have a pair of comfy, velor pants that my MIL bought me when I was preggie and I LOVE those. My baby is almost a year old and I still wear them all the time.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 8:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I had to buy alot of professional maternity clothes when I was pregnant, and summer clothes because that's when I was big 7-8 months and I bought tanks, capris, and a pair of jeans. Up until I was 5 months I just bought things in the next size above my usual pant size which was a 7. Mine also went into storage when I came home-I didn't want to see those things again.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• What, you're supposed to stop?! Well, my daughter is 2 months and the jeans are the only pair that fit, but they've just got the little band that goes under the belly...now they're pulled halfway up my ribs, but still! Shirts I don't really wear because my old shirts fit.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Well I didn't loose the weight very fast, but I honestly was sick of those clothes. So I tried to ditch them asap.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I didn't buy a lot of maternity clothes because they never really fit right. I do however, still wear a fleece that is maternity, but it's so comfy I don't care! My son is almost 4, so I've been wearing it for a while now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I wore the sweat pants for a few months, around the house, until I could comfortably fit back into my jeans. The shirts, jeans, all that went a few days after I got home from the hospital. I had very few maternity clothes and i was sick of them after 9 months.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 10:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2009