Is my cat a bitch?

I thought my puppy was picking on my cat because I would always hear her squall and see her up on her hind legs "defending herself" with the puppy in front of her. So today I happened to be looking right at them, and she goes up to the puppy, stands up on her hind legs and swats him as she starts wailing. SHE STARTED IT! He was minding his own business just sitting there. So what is her problem? She is 8 years old and the dog is one year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pets

• She's a bitch! My 2 cats do the same thing. I had the cats first then rescued 2 pitbulls and the cats kick their ass!! Dogs are scared of them. My 85 lb. female pitbull won't get her ball if it's within 2 feet of the cat. she just cries and barks. Real viciious huh? lol
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Maybe she is jealous?
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• She's trying to be the Alpha pet?
    Anonymous

• She gets held and played as much as ever, so she can't be jealous. What is alpha pet?
    Anonymous

• lol come on, what fun would it be if your animals didnt have personalities.lol
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 8:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• The dominate animal in the house.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• It could be her way of telling him to leave her alone... they could be playing (that is what my cats do when they play together or with our dog) or she could be showing your dog whos the boss
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 10:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Time to get rid of the bitch!! How did you react to catching her acting like a "bad ass little bitch"?

puppy

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• She's a total performer, a diva cat! lol
    bnosite

Answer by bnosite at 6:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Have you had her for the whole 8 years? That's how they play with each other, and with toys. Ever hold up some yarn above her and watch her play with it? Have these two just been introduced to each other? If so, she may be making sure he understands that she is the boss in this house, and that it's her way or no way but she's willing to be friends as long as he understands the rules lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2009