Is your DH/SO/BF jealous of your best friend???

My boyfriend is so jealous (even though he denies it) of my Best friend. I've known her for almost 16 years and we're pratically like sisters. He hates the strong bond we have and I constantly hear "You're with her again???" or "You spend time with her more than you do me!" or my favorite "Are you two gay?" And when i ask him to do something, its "Why cant your best friend do it?" My motto is "She's been here before you ans she'll be here after you". My best friend also went through this with her boyfriend and he even told her he didnt want us together. He got over after a year. Are all men this way? Do you have a big jealous cry baby? Do you make adjustments to your friendship or tell your partner to just live with it?

jjsmommi5

Asked by jjsmommi5 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think its immaturity. He sounds as if he is 13 and picking his bestest friend. lol.

My dh is sooooo smart and surpizes me sometimes by how immature he can be. uggg....men.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• my husband IS my best friend so I don't have to worry about it
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Never happened with me, then my husband became my best friend, so that is where it is know. I think it is important to have friendships. I think it can strengthen the relationships that we are in with our SO.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Silly, my DH is my best friend...I think that is how it should be.
    Anonymous

• Yep, but he has been getting better. Of course, she's 8 hours away at the moment. That might have something to do with it =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No, my SO and I are out with our friends a lot...I think it is good for a relationship if you have your own friends and interests...that way your whole world and your happiness is not built around one person. That is a lot of pressure on someone.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2009