Have you ever heard of Essure?? Its a type of permanent birth control... Has anyone had it done?? Or know anyone who has had it done??

beccan

Asked by beccan at 8:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• A friend of mine did it, about 3 months ago. She had some cramping for about 4-5 days with it and no problems with it since, but she just recently go it too, so side effects havent really had time to show up yet either.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I have never heard of it, but am glad you asked, I am curious to know about it too!
    miss372

Answer by miss372 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i got a flyer in the mail about it but i would rather hear about personal exper. ya know.... guess they are trying to tell me to stop having babies since they mailed me the flyer haha
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 9:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I looked in to it. But it makes me very nervous... they are claiming there is NO side effects beyond some minor cramps... I don't see how that is even possible. You can not insert foreign objects in to the body and then never have consequences... What if your body rejects it? What if you end up with an infection?? What if your body doesn't form a solid seal around them? There has to be some scar tissue, how will your body react to this blockage years from now?? I think they are still to new and there are to many unknowns yet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I dont think I would trust to mess with the laws of mother nature to do anything that would be permanent. I would be fearful of something that long lasting.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2009