How do you know when your baby is having hiccups and what can you do to stop them?

33 weeks and 1 day almost 8 and half months..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you cant stop them .
    you will feel the constant little pop that usually is hiccups
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Does it kinda feel like a heart beating really hard..
    Anonymous

• yeah like that rythmicaly tapping in your belly. Nothing you can do to stop it though
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You can't stop when your baby has the hiccups. It does feel like heart beating really hard... constantly. lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Thank for yalls advise i was just curious cause ive been feeling that ever since i turned 32 weeks but now im 33 week and 1 day..
    Alexia_joel09

Answer by Alexia_joel09 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Theres no way of stoping them, and its not liek its going to hurt the baby so dont worry about it. If you are worried though talk to your dr. about what you are feeling.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Hiccups are actually good for the baby. :) They help strengthen the diaphragm muscles, preparing your baby to be able to breathe on his or her own outside of the womb. I know that it can be annoying at times, like when you're trying to sleep, but look at them as something positive. Your baby will have strong and healthy breathing reflexes when baby is born!

HappyGrl06

Answer by HappyGrl06 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I used to drink water and they would stop. but even now that my baby is here.. 2months later.. she ALWAYS hiccups!
    AvasMommy0115

Answer by AvasMommy0115 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i am 36 weeks and my baby boy has been having hiccups for the last 2 weeks, my husband rubs my belly to rub his back and it usually stops in like a minute, maybe you'd want to try that but as far as i know its nothing you can do and its okay for baby
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009