Regarding an EBT card!! I just goy one for the first time, and I was wondering if bakery items are allowed or not and also the pre-made cakes in the refrigerated sections? I've read about them and am becoming more familiar with what is allowed and not, just certain things like this I'm not sure of? Thanks for any kind of help anyone can offer..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm not sure. I would call your local office and ask or see if they even have a website with what you can and can't.

Anonymous

• I think you can buy anything just as long as it's food wether it be baby food or regular food ...Anything edible I would guess, call your local supermarket and speak to sumone there to be on the safe side ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• i really think u can its food u can buy frozen pizza so why not cake i know alchol and ciggs and tampons u cant ( thats what the monthly cash is for ) but food is food. if anything grab a cake and go to the self register and scan it yourself when it lets u do your card with no trouble then u know u can buy that.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I work in a food groery store you can get anything food except for HOT items. If it's heated then it will not go through. energy drinks or energy bars will not allow it either.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• LOL.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• raemommy is right you can buy anything that is not already heated and most diet things wont go through like slimfast and etc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Yes, you can buy bakery items with food stamps. I even ordered my daughter a birthday cake, with designs, and paid for it with foodstamps! You can't, however, buy items that are edible. For example, you can buy deli items, and wrapped sandwiches ready to eat, but you can't buy already cooked foods. Does that make sense?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• The poster they have hanging in my local H&W office also says you can buy seeds to grow food in your garden. Never tried it because I don't garden, but there's an option too. As for things like energy drinks, major retailers won't let you. But little mom and pop stores usually will. If you like those things. Just take caution and don't overspend at the first of the month. Remember the little extras like milk, bread and eggs. I always keep a reserve of around $50 to make sure I can get those at the end of the month.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• you can buy anything food/drink wise except hot deli foods,&energy drinks and alcohal.
    LifeIsSweetKW

Answer by LifeIsSweetKW at 3:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• What type of bakery can i buy..lol..rolls eyes, get actually food to nourish your family,not luxury items,get needs not wants,that is what you should buy with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2009