hair color: how I know ashy or warm colors works well on my skin tone?

please help, I don't have the many for a salon, so I do it at home, how to choose the right color? I am a dark brown, I don't want to change too much, just cover really well my gray hair

sami7jami8

Asked by sami7jami8 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• They ususally have samples of hair (fake) colored to match a color and you can put it to your face or arm and tell that way or take the box and hold it up to yourself and imigain it lighter or darker
    Anonymous

• As a rule, if your eyes are brown tham warm colors look more natural. If your eyes are blue, than ashy or cool colors look more natural. Hazel eyes are a bit more tricky. Look at the inside of your wrists - if the tone is more golden than use warm colors - if the tone is more pinkish, pale, or bluish use cool colors.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2009