do you agree with the concept

I was wondering how many of you believe in the concept of "Once saved always saved"--Do you think that once you are saved--that the almighty will forgive you for your sins and you will go to heaven--or do you think that you can totally mess up at some point and not go to heaven??? and if so--how are you saved again???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't agree with the concept at all.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• can i ask why you don't believe in the concept at all????
    Anonymous

• I agree with once saved always saved b/c I believe that nothing I can do can make God loose his grip on me. I dont have that much power. So once I have surrendered, nothing can take it from me, nothing.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I don't agree with "Once saved always saved" because at Hebrews chapter 10: Paul writes: “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left.” (Verse 26) Willful sinners are most reprehensible. Why? First, they do not commit an isolated sin in a moment of weakness—the kind of mistake we all make at times because we are imperfect. They make a practice of sin. Second, their sins are intentional. As The Bible in Basic English puts it, they “do evil on purpose.” Deeply ingrained badness fills their heart. Third, their sins are not the result of ignorance. They have an “accurate knowledge of the truth” about God’s will and ways.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• That doesn't even make sense... If you become "saved" and then go out and kill 15 people are you still "saved." There is no way anyone could honestly believe that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Hello Sabrina.....no truely SAVED person would kill 15 people.....geesh.......people can claim Christianity but that doesnt mean they are truely saved.
    Anonymous

• do you then think that it is possible to be "saved" again--do you have to be "saved" again over and and over then if you willfully keep committing sins
    Anonymous

• No I do not believe you have to be SAVED again.

I believe that you are saved, God writes your name in the book and it can never be erased. But just because you are saved does not mean you are a perfect human. Humans sin, its a fact.

But like I said before, it would be out of character for a true Christian to kill 15 people. That is too far out of character. But a Christian can still commit sin, like lying or blasphemy. ect.
    Anonymous

• God knew all of your sin past and present and FUTURE when he saved you. He has already forgiven them all!
    Anonymous

• “Whoever has sinned against me, I shall wipe him out of my book.”—Ex 32:32 33; see also Nu 5:23; Ps 109:13, 14.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009