Kansas Governor Signs Bill Ensuring Those Seeking Abortions Can See Ultrasound First

I think the key word here is CAN, not that they HAVE too. I am pro life except for extreme circumstances. I can't imagine WANTING to see the u/s before I choose too or have too kill the baby! Do you think that many women would take advantage of this? and were Dr's preventing this before?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511184,00.html

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I bet if they printed a pic of the U/S and gave it at the 24 hour wait then the potential mom may be more apt to change her mind.
    Anonymous

• I am all for hoping that perhaps it might sway her decision to kill her child

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• **shrug** My first ultrasound didn't look like a baby. He looked like a peanut. Had I been inclined to abort I probably would have been more convinced to go ahead and do so since it didn't look like a human.

But I am all for providing women as much information as possible before they make what can be a life-altering decision. It might not have a lot of impact on abortion rates...it might even backfire if more women have ultrasound photos like mine. But there's no such thing as too much information.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• She needs to mind her own damn business and concentrate on our budget!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Experts say you should wait 24 hours before going through with a major decision. It is suggested we use this rule all the time with things we want to purchase. I would think it would be even more important here.

My answer to the question:  clapping  They should require the ultrasound, listening to the heartbeat and a 24 hour wait.  Abortion is murder.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We've been told for so long that a growing baby is just "tissue" and removing it is like removing any other unwanted body part like an infected toenail or a tumor. I think many women have had abortions or support abortion based on that principle. Not all women have access to information like the rest of us do and were not able to become as educated. They have no idea how much a baby looks like a baby, has a nervous system and a beating heart at what stages in gestation. I think if more women were offered the ability to learn more and to hear that beating heart, they would be able to make a more informed decision. A woman should not be allowed to terminate her pregnancy without someone telling her that she's stopping a beating heart.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• gd...due to m/c I had an u/s at 6 weeks...SIX weeks.....and while the baby did not resemble a baby or a peanut, more like a tiny blobby spot, it a had VERY distinct, very STRONG, heartbeat. As a matter of fact that's how I knew where the baby was in all that grain, that steady HEARTBEAT! I think too many women are too casual, thinking "meh it's only 6 weeks or 8 weeks...no biggie". But I am with November, I think the outlook changes when you realize you are stopping a HEARTBEAT!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• *at 6 weeks with the NEXT baby...
    momof030404

• I think it's a good idea.. alot of people don't realize how quickly BABIES can feel, have heartbeats, fingers, toes, etc...
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2009