DRAMA maybe?!?!?!

DO you let your kiddos watch rated R movies? WHy or why not? What age?

suhweet1

Asked by suhweet1 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• My kids arent even allowed to watch PG movies, and some G rated movies tick me off. Like CARS for instance when they say "hillbilly hell" We dont use that language and I hate hearing it.

So no, R rated movies are not even a possibility. My kids are 5 and 3 and these rules will stay in place for a while. lol
    Anonymous

• NO!!! Ok I lie. DS watches some things with us. As long as we have seen it before and there is no sex in it.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• why cars?? Who cares you can hear that kind of language even worse on the street. My dd's are 15 months and 4 years and they watch cars and we have had it since it came out. I let my child watch G rated, PG rated, PG 13 rated, but not rated R only depending on how bad it is.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My kids have watched CARS too, but I tell them not to repeat that word and that it is ugly.

Yes, they can hear words like that and worse in Walmart. But this is a movie that is suppose to be created for KIDS!!! Why are the curse words needed? Thats why it ticks me!

This year its "hillbilly hell" they put in, and everyones ok with that....a few years from now, they will slip in a shi* then by the time I have grandkids Disney will be adding in Fu**. Its called desensitization. It happens all the time and people never notice it. Do you remember Bambi, Snow White, Dumbo ect saying "hell?"
    Anonymous

• No I don't let them watch Rated R movies. I have a 3 1/2 year old & a 14 year old & neither one of them are allowed to watch them. I'm sure that my 14 year old has before & without us knowing but he wont watch one here in our home. I think there is too much cussing, violence, fighting in them and even some spouse abuse. I think there is a "whole part" of understanding it first & why it sometimes occurs. I would much rather use my time educating them in other things that could help them be successful at later in life. They have plenty of time to see Rated R movies on their time..or when they are out on their own but definitely not on my watch. (ha)

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My boys are almost 5 and 12 months. I let the youngest be in the room when my husband and I are watching something R rated. But he is playing and not watching. That will change as soon as he dstarts paying attention to it. And we let our oldest watch G, and PG, and only sometimes PG-13 depending on the movie and it's content.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I let them watch them after I preview them
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Oh, as far as cartoons being bad for children, my friends calls the disney princess' the disney whores...b/c the are all looking for prince charming
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• in shrek he says I'm saving my ass and in pinnochio (which my 8 yo noticed) it says jackass
    suhweet1

Answer by suhweet1 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Now that you say that suhwee about the Disney Whores, I see where she is coming from. The idea that my life will only be complete and happy when I find my prince kind of thing.

not that I wont let my dd watch princess movies, but I see her point.
    Anonymous