Earlier bedtime advice?

My son takes an evening nap. Like usually 7-8 or 8-9. He then goes to bed when we go at 10 or 10:30 this has been working for us. He's 6 month old. Any advice on how to get him down at 8pm when his older sister goes to bed and keeping him down through the night? Instead of getting up from 8 or 9-10. He still gets up once or twice in the night too. I would love him to sleep through the night but I'd settle for just him sleeping from 8 till 2am when he usually gets up to eat.

Navymama

Asked by Navymama at 9:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We're having the EXACT same "problem"... but we're getting there. I bathe the kids together (when they do get baths) and then when I go to put Calvin down, I take Amelia in there with me and read to them both. Calvin then goes to sleep on his own & I take Amelia into "our" room to nurse her and then put her to bed. She sometimes takes quite a bit longer to finally fall asleep, but the routine (IMO) is more important right now.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• when my kids did that I always waited until they were about to fall asleep and gave them a nice bath that would wake them up for a little longer and than put them down for the night although they did get up still later it was much better having them down by 8:30-9:00pm that always gave me time to clean up or spend time with my SO good luck

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 9:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2009