please help. what foods do you feed your toddler?

I am about to go grocery shopping and I want to be sure to get everything for my son that he needs. What do you feed your toddler that he/she loves and is healthy for them? He was eating everything in sight now he is being a picky eater. He is 14months.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They've always eaten everything we ate since we first introduced table foods.

Just fix a plate for him, dicing up what you're having for yourself. I just always found it easier to fix one meal, instead of more...
    Anonymous

• i babysit a 18 month old ( i also have a 3 year old ) but both really like eggs. sunny or scrambles even hard boiled. and applesauce (: in the baby section theres these yogurt dots ( forget the name ) and there like strafoam lol but they melt in mouth and the kids love them. theres berry flavor and peach thery really like the peach.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I love to get the fruit cups the low sugar ones and the Gerber graduates are great they have a lot of new things out my daughter is 13 months old and loves the melt away yogurt bites with a peanut butter sandwich cut up I also cut up boneless skinless chicken and caned carrots but thats just a few ideas good luck

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 9:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My daughter loves, apples, bananas, grapes, cantaloupe, applesauce, eggs.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• My daughter loves turkey or ham "roll-ups" (she won't eat a sandwich we we just roll up meat for her, lol), scrambled eggs or ham and cheese omlettes, and will eat any veggie as long as i chop it into tiny pieces and hide it in a rice and chicken casserole. :)
    She and her big sis are also obsessed with any fruit and will eat it by the bucket if allowed!
    savvybabygrace

Answer by savvybabygrace at 10:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• deff try gerber graduates foods if you haven't my oldest looooved them and she was VERY picky too. but the woman below me is right. the more you offer him other foods the more rejecting he can do and the more picky he'll be.
    LnMrMyLife

Answer by LnMrMyLife at 11:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Nutripal bars, any gerber graduate foods, fresh apples or baby carrots w/ peanut butter (our daughter is under weight so we add the peanut butter 2 her carrots 2 help her gain a little but its still healthy) and then there's the occasional little debbie honey buns ( her father gives her one once every week to help her gain weight, but its not 2 healthy so he limits it 2 once a week)
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• I have tried the graduates and he is refuses to eat all of it now. He will only eat the snacks occasionally....he is refusing his fruits and veggies, eggs, chicken, also. Pretty much refuses everything at this point. I feel like I am starving him.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• There's Next Step formula for extremely picky toddlers. But most go through a phase like this. He will eat when he is hungry enough. Eventually. But if you're worried about him not getting nutrients, try the formula or pediasure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My pediatrician told me to feed my daughter what she wants. Even if its pb&j all week or mac and cheese. It's very normal for a child to ge through that stage where they may only want one or two foods and thats it. My DD loves the fruit and cream instant oatmeal (among other things).
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 2:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2009