Help, how can I find things to do with all three of my children

I have three sons, age four and 21 month old fraternal twins. My oldest is still very jealous and demands all our time and attention so that it is hard to think of things to do with all three of them so I feel like I am spending time with all of them. Coloring with them is something I have tried except that the twins still chew the crayons and my oldest is still a wall-bandit, meaning can't keep from eventually coloring things like the table, walls, etc. Anyone got any ideas?

pianomom711

Asked by pianomom711 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i love the outdoors so id sugest finding some nature parks, playgrounds, and such. As for indoor things.... Maybe twister? lol idk im not so sure about the 21 mo age. my sons only 6 mo
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I live about 45 miles from DC so we either head into the city and there is so much to do. The Natural History Museum is what my 4 year old daughter loves.
    Do you have anything like this in your area?
    What about "Paint Me Mine"? It's a franchise and they are located throughout the U.S.
    Hope this helps.
    Marianne
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• As far as an activity in the house, that is hard. With mine, I found it worked best if it was an organized activity but still one that involved movement. We play the elephant game (bought it at walmart, you turn it on and butterflies come out the trunk), It will be good for all 4 of you. Play it with them and if they start fighting, be funny and destact them. We also just turn on music and dance, they think it is so much fun. Crayola Color Wonder stuff is great for small children- they feel so big because they have markers but they can't make a mess with it.
    Anonymous

• that entry above is mine, but sure how it went through as anon...
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• Playdough, water play (supervised in the sink or tub), obstacle races - try crawling over pillows and around furniture, toy trains, blocks, rolling a ball back and forth, etc. For coloring, try color wonder stuff that won't get on the walls. My 4yr. old and 18mo. old - both boys -love all this stuff!

sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 3 &1/2 & my son is almost 2. So they are at different stages with what they want to do. I do arts & crafts time with them. Just sit at the table with them put out markers, sticker's, paper, popsicle sticks & some foam pieces. It's great because my oldest love's to glue things so she will just glue stuff together or use her safety scissor's to cut stuff out to glue. My son love's the sticker's & coloring on everything. A variety of different things is good so everyone has something to play with & has a good time.
    We also go outside with the tee ball stand, bike's, & soccer ball. One ride's bikes while the other kicks the ball around then they switch.
    The best thing we do together & what I have most fun with is taking a walk with them. Sometime one will ride their bike & the other will walk with me. It's also fun for everyone to try to 'catch' bunnies or bird's.
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 4:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2009

• We bring our little girl to the Children's Museum alot. They have things there for all ages. Everytime we go we bring some of her cousins and take turns going do activites they each enjoy!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009