• In the Spotlight:

am i a bad mom

So my hubby and i are car shopping cause my car is about to die! I decided i will go back to work part time to help with money but still dont wanna send DD to daycare. I can work 6a to 2pm then hubby will go to his job when i get home that way she is always with one of a us and we wont need to worry about daycare expenses and i can still spend most of my time with her. but my mom is being sucy about it. she keeps saying that i need to be at home with her until she is 1 and to notget a new car. this is not something we are doing for fun hubby drives 1 hour each way to work and he needs something dependable. we only have 1 car so if he breaks down or something i have no way to go get him and were screwed!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And your question is?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No you are not she is probably just old school was she a stay at home mom if so thats why just tell her look mom things have changed and I want to do this she will see that its ok once you get into the hang of things and she realizes that everything i ok

Anonymous

• your not a bad mom. Do what YOU yourself thinks is best. Yes its always good to stay with your babys as long as possible but you also have to do what you have to do. You know? talk it over with your Dh and YOU two make the choice NOT your mother!!
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No you are not a bad mommy. I went back to work when my daughter was 2 months old, I worked from 9am - 2pm then I came home and my boyfriend went to bed until 9 pm then he went to work till 8:30 am. We did'nt want our dauhgter in daycare at all. In dec my boyfriend got laid off so know i work full time and he stays home with our daughter. My daughter is now 10 months old shes a daddy girl big time but i really like the fact that shes at home with her daddy then sitting on the floor at some daycare. You two are doing wonderful job as parents. Keep up the great parenting, kiddos to you.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You're not a bad mom. If you keep a car that is not dependable, your hubby will lose his job for not making it to work and etc. Sounds like you need a better car. Maybe not a brand new one (jmho). Also, there is nothing wrong with going back to work. I'm in the same boat, I HATE having to leave my little girl for hours a day, but if you need the money, you gotta work!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No your not a bad mom.. what would make you a bad mom? because you want dependable cars for your family to drive in *pft* its great you are trying to keep your kid with you & hubby! Its also great of you that you are willing to go back to work to help your family out without giving up your parenting responsibilities to a daycare ---not saying its bad for those that do use daycare but .. ya know :) closer to home is always best!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You have to do what is best for your family. I think your being a good mom amdwife.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• A reliable car is important if for none other than the safety of your child. Mom's always have their own opinions -- you'll do the same thing to your own child one day and they wont always listen to you. You do what is right and necessary for you and your family. My fiance and I work opposing schedules just as you described. It's shitty 'cause he works in the middle of the night and I sleep alone a lot, but our daughter is in good hands -- those of her own parents. :)
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 10:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• No you are not a bad mom. I wish I could have that kind of schedule so DH and I could always be home with the kids. I had to go back to work when my youngest was 9 months old to help pay off some bills. I felt so guilty. The only thing that keeps me sane is my mil watches the boys 3 days a week and I work at a daycare and they come with me the other 2 days. If they had to be at a daycare without me all day, everyday, I honestly don't think I could have gone back to work.
    Anonymous

• you are not a bad mother. It seems like you have a plan for your child and are doing what's responsible. I wouldn't worry too much about what mom says.
    MoMoBear

Answer by MoMoBear at 10:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009