How much did it cost for your childs dentist appointment?

i haven't taken my child to the dentist yet and he is 4 i haven't taken him because money is tight. I want to know what to expect to pay to take him i know its probably a dumb question but i thought I'd ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Call and ask if they have a payment plan or sliding scale. Or look for a clinic with a sliding scale. Here they offer a clinic every month for check-ups--free.
    Anonymous

• Yeah...you should probably take him to a dentist and expect to pay about $150.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• We have insurance so I haven't paid anything for my kids. They've only had xrays and cleanings...no repairs.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• You should take him, it shouldn't be much. All they will do is count his teeth, maybe take xrays and a cleaning. My sons first appt was more to get him comfortable with the dentist. He goes to a pediatric dentist and she is awesome. I think the first appointment was about $50.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• We go to a dental clinic, sliding scale. Took some effort to find, but it's worth it for us financially!
    Anonymous