I'm 3 months post-partum, and still look like I'm 9 months pregnant...pioc

I've actually lost 45 lbs in the first 2 wks PP, but nothing since. I've been breastfeeding. I even started taking water pills (the kind that's safe for breastfeeding), and I've been exercising for over a month. I still haven't dropped another pound. My doctor has told me that I need to lose at least another 20 pounds because of my blood pressure. Anybody out there with any ideas or suggestions? I'm at the end of my rope. The only thing left is diet pills, but I'd have to stop breastfeeding for that, which I don't really want to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anon- Yes, I've been exercising for well over a month, drink plenty of water, get 8 hrs of sleep every night, and I eat healthy with the occasional junk food here and there, but not enough to counteract everything else. I found out a couple weeks ago I need to lose that last 20 lbs ASAP. It hasn't been coming though. I weigh the same from 2 wks PP and now at 12 wks PP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2009

• vegetable and fruits the what im doing and what water pills are u taking i need some
    Anonymous

• It's called Aqua-Ban. I got it at Kroger's for like $3 for a 1-week supply. They have other brands but the active ingredient "pamabrom" (sp?) is what's safest for breast feeding.
    ---OP
    Anonymous

• My suggestion is yoga and pilates. Take long walks daily and keep eating right. If that still does not work check to see if you have a thyroid problem.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 10:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I'm taking a weight training class at the local community college. It's only a $20 class. :)
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 10:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I run about 4 miles a day, do weights and yoga. plus walking with my baby for about 1 or 2 and i loos about 1lb a week. becareful with too much fruits, my baby got diaria from me eating them. run by your pediatrician about that water pill.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 12:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Are you monitoring your caloric intake? Most people need to eat 1,200 to lose weight. Go to www.sparkpeople.com but remember, you need to eat a little more because you're breastfeeding. The only thing that works for me was counting my caloric intake and walking fast/running, as well as strength-training. Building more muscles boosts the metabolism. Water pills don't make you lose actual weight. You just lose water, and dehydrate yourself if you take too much. Over-the-counter diet pills don't work (except for Alli, I guess.) Weight-Watchers is also a good program. They have guidelines for breastfeeding mothers as well. I recommend finding a meeting in your area. You can watch a meeting for free and decide whether you want to join or not. The support is so valuable. Good luck!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Where i live its still rather cold out so I havent been able to take my baby walking. I too am having a similar problem. ONly mine is that I lost 20 pounds right away, and still have 30 to go. And I have terrible self control and all I ever want to do anymore is eat and i dont understand why. I work full time and its hard to find time to work out. Let me know if you hear about anything.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 1:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• What are you doing to lose weight besides breastfeeding and taking water pills? Weight loss is basic math, burn more calories that you take in. Other than breastfeeding, are you doing anything to burn extra calories? Cardio burns fat, strength training builds muscle (muscle burns more calories than fat does) Other important factors are WATER (the kind you drink not pills), & getting enough sleep. If you combine the right diet, good exercise, sleep & drink enough water you WILL lose weight. (NEVER go below 1200 cals per day though) Good Luck.
    Anonymous