I'm 3 months PP, and still look 9 months preg... pioc

I've actually lost 45 lbs in the first 2 wks PP, but nothing since. I've been breastfeeding. I even started taking water pills (the kind that's safe for breastfeeding), and I've been exercising for over a month. I still haven't dropped another pound. My doctor has told me that I need to lose at least another 20 pounds because of my blood pressure. Anybody out there with any ideas or suggestions? I'm at the end of my rope. The only thing left is diet pills, but I'd have to stop breastfeeding for that, which I don't really want to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Health

• my doc put me on blood pressure med that was safe for nursing and told me that it took me 9 months to gain the weight so i shouldn't worry if it takes me 9 months to lose it. i know this doesn't help you but it made me feel a lot better when she said that.
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 1:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Weight Watchers. Best program for nursing moms.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• You just had a baby honey!! Its Ok!! We dont have to look like the celebrities who fit into bikinis when they home from the hospital! J/K..they have personal trainers! But nursing is the bst way to lose the weight let me tell you!!...it will take a lil time..its diffrent for everyone,but i always lost it after about 5 mos. ive had 3 kids and im 103 lbs now. (im 5 ft) and when i get compliments, i tell them straight up-"Thanks! Its from breastfeeding!!" lol
    Just enjoy ur blessing!..ur stomach wont matter to your baby! They just want a happy and healthy mama!
    MamaCass2003

Answer by MamaCass2003 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2009

• Give it some time,and dont resort to fad diet pills. You just had a child,congratulations.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 2:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2009