Sleepings Positions??

Hello, I am 18 weeks pregnant and was wondering which side do you sleep on mostly? I heard that sleeping on the left side is better for the best circulation to baby, but what will happen if you sleep on the right side? any harm to the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I kind of go from one side to the other while trying to keep it to the left more often. My mom said when she was pregnant with me and she tried to sleep on her left I would kick her until she turned over. I turned out fine. LOL. I think as long as you aren't on your back you should be okay. Sometimes I wake up on my back and then just roll to my side.

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• yeah they tell you to sleep to the left but for majority of woman it never works out that way, which ever way you end up just try to turn back to your left once you realize your in any other position and another thing is when your just laying in bed relaxing stay on your leftside as much as possible, for the most part your baby will be fine
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I slept all over the place. I never could get comfortable until I bought a long length size pillow that I could lay on & throw my leg over. That was the most comfortable position that I could possibly get during my pregnancy.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 10:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• When I first lay down I lay on my left (because I heard it was the best), but I eventually switch to my right side. I switch back and forth about 100 times a night, or so it feels. I wake up from sleeping on my left side with my left hip hurting really bad, so I switch. It's great fun.
    I have heard of people sleeping on their backs the entire pregnancy, which I do agree is the most comfortable, but my doctor told me why I shouldnt. She told me there is a large vein that runs down your back, more towards your right side, that your "growing uterus" will rest on if you sleep on your back. Sorry this is so long, but I had this same question and got tons of answers lol.
    My doctor also suggested that I put a pillow under my back/butt on my right side so i can sleep on my back. She said if you can "shift" the baby off of the area of the vein you should be fine. I haven't tried it yet, because I'm not exactly sure how.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• nope and i found it more comfortable to lay on my side with a pillow behind my back so that it feels like im laying comfortably on my back while not putting the pressure of my uterus on to any veins- but i wouldnt worry too much about which side u lay on
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

• I did what made me comfortable .. and its true the left side is better.. your back is the worst.. but they say that if your baby is in any danger from loosing oxyden or if the vein really has to much pressure you will subconciously roll over to get the blood back to your baby.. so aim for the left but don't be to freaked if thats not the side that you can fall asleep on
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2009