Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking custody of the boy so she can receive goverment money??

My boyfriend's mother is acting like a mental health worker to one of his ex girlfriends. She and his mom are very close. The ex gf has a 6 year old son (NOT my bf's child). The state is telling the ex that she can't be around her son (because she abuses prescription drugs and is mentally unstable), and my bf's mother is going to take custody of the son!

The mother is 65 years old, severly overweight, can't walk without the aid of a cane, has to use a breathing machine at night, and has to call the ambulance when she falls because she can't pick herself up off of the floor/ground!! Yet she is going to take custody of a rambuctious 6 year old boy??

I asked my bf if she was doing it so she would receive money, and he said no. But I think she is. There's no way she can care for this boy alone.

What do YOU think?

Btw, my bf's mother is divorced, so there's no one else in the home to help her.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • I am guessing you are asking because you are concerned about the welfare of the child, which I would be too, and not to "start drama" like other posters have said. In any case, in order to take custody, CDS should be doing a home visit first. If not, there is something seriously wrong with the CDS in your area.

    What type of relationship does your BF have with his mother? Can he talked to her, play devil's advocate to make sure she is really knows what she could be getting into? He can't sugar coat things either.

    My MIL sleeps with a breathing machine and as other health problems, which is why our kids don't even stay the night with her and visits are limited.

    Answer by marbear98 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

  • i think thats some bull shit right there

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • That's a very scary situation ,if social services sees that she can't care for herself I doubt it they'll give the boy to her . Is there someone else that can take him ?

    Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • The ex gf has a sister, but she's also messing with drugs, so that's not an option. The parents have passed away and I guess there's no other relatives to take the boy in.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2009

  • honestly I think you are trying to start some drama it isn't your problem is it ?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • How I "starting drama"? I just ask what other's opinions were.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • is he the boyfriends son? maybe you too can take him while she goes to rehab..

    Answer by sharonrosen3 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2009

  • the state should do a home check ,it shouldnt be allowed, but you can allways file an annonumous complaint w/cps

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2009